Yesterday was movie marathon day with Celine and her cousins. I made Candy Popcorn snacks, which they absolutely love and went crazy about because of its colors and flavors! 🙂
Check out and try my simple and easy Rainbow Candy Popcorn recipe. You can also prepare this treat for your kiddie parties or simply have them as an everyday snack at home.
8 cups Popped Popcorn
1/4 cup Butter
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 cup brown sugar or granulated white sugar
food coloring and flavorings
1. Divide your popcorn into 4 medium bowls (2 cups for each color)
2. Heat butter and corn syrup in a saucepan on low heat. Stir in sugar and bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Divide the syrup into 4 small bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring and flavorings per bowl of syrup and mix well. For red coloring I used strawberry flavor; for yellow it’s lemon; purple is grape; and the green coloring is lime. Another alternative is to use 1 package of Jello gelatin per syrup recipe.
4. Pour syrup immediately over the popcorn. Mix and toss to coat the popcorn.
5. Store in airtight containers.
Try also my Caramel Popcorn recipe HERE! 🙂
Enjoy a Sweet and Colorful Weekend Everyone!