Celebrate and welcome the Lunar New Year with these stunning party and dessert table inspirations from my fave, Bird’s Party Blog! 🙂
I am so loving this warm, modern, yet still traditional party styling.
- Use red, orange and yellow round paper lanterns. Add paper or ribbon tassels and paint Chinese characters around it.
- You can also make your own Chinese Paper Lanterns. View my post HERE for the step-by-step tutorial.
- Place live blooming plants and flowers, which symbolizes rebirth and new growth.
- For dessert table treats, serve orange cupcakes with themed toppers. Oranges and tangerines during Chinese New Year symbolizes good fortune.
- Add also to your table some Oranges and Tangerines with Stems intact (abundance and happiness), Orange French Macaroons, Fruit Tarts, Mooncakes, Fortune Cookies, Gold Chocolate Coins, Tikoy or Sticky Rice, Fruit Hopia, Dried Sweet Fruits according to the traditional Chinese Candy Tray (Candied Melon for growth and good health, Red Melon Seed for joy, happiness, truth and sincerity, Lychee Nut for strong family relationship, Cumquat for prosperity, Coconut for togetherness, Peanuts for long life, Longnan for many good sons, Lotus Seed for many children, and other sweet Chinese candies and delicacies.
- Place your treats in Chinese take-home boxes for your guests.
- Give out red fans as party favors.
- Put Ang Pao (red envelope) with money on your table or hang them to your decorative plants. Give them to the kids after the party.