Sesame Street is always a great party theme for a 1st birthday or for a toddler. It can still be tons of fun for all ages as well. Here are some creative Sesame Street party ideas I found online, which you can do even at home.
Incorporating the characters’ favorite is one thing you can do to add great details for your party. Obviously, Cookie Monster loves cookies; Elmo likes his pet goldfish, Dorothy; Oscar can’t live without trash; Count loves everything that has to do with counting; Big Bird loves playing with bubbles; and don’t forget Ernie’s dearest bath time pal, rubber duckie.
- Oscar the Grouch trash tossing game. The one who gets the most number of paper trash in the can wins a prize.
- Counting with Count activity for the kids.
- Rubber Duckie Pond game with Ernie. Place number labels at the bottom of each rubber duckie. These numbers should correspond to specific prizes. Have the kids pick one and match the number they got with the prizes.
- Give out bubbles at the party or have a bubble machine.
- Enjoy Oscar’s garbage can knockdown game and tattoo parlor.
- Abby Caddaby dressing room, salon or craft activities.
- Elmo’s toss the ball in the fishbowl game.
Serve veggies and fruits as treats. Sesame Street’s lovable characters and educational messages are great inspiration as well for the kids.
Also, you can never go wrong with coloring activities. You can get Sesame Street printable coloring sheets at www.sesamestreet.org
Go also to this post for ideas on Sesame Street Party Decorations.
You can also share with us you Sesame Street Party and have them featured on this blog! 🙂